We welcome your comments and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO PREPARE A QUALITY ESSAY
Essay preparation is a difficult and frustrating work that makes students around the world shiver. Even the people who like writing tasks start detesting essays with time after crafting a few dozens of them. However, quality essay writing is a significant ability that a person needs to have in order to succeed at school, university, and in the workplace. And, on the bright side, it helps to develop numerous useful skills like creative writing and critical thinking. Even though nobody can force you to like the assignment you are given, you need to master its writing if you want to survive through the years of studies and graduate from academic facilities with decent grades. You can surely use professional essay writing services for homework completion. However, you will have to write essays on exams and during finals, and you cannot allow yourself to fail those because you lack the writing experience. Even the best website for essay writing will not deliver you the paper in the middle of an examination, and if you do not want to feel helpless or, in the worst-case scenario, fail, it is crucial to learn the main rules of essay writing.
First of all, it is necessary to review the instructions for the task and understand what you are asked to do. If there is no prompt given, you should find a few adequate essay topics to write about. Try to pick something you would love to discuss, and make sure your choice is pertinent for your course. The topic must not have a broad focus or cover multiple issues at a time as it will confuse you and make it hard for the reader to follow what you wanted to say.
If you are certain about the topic choice, it is important to move forward and conduct a good research. Do not let the laziness lead you to the wrong direction, which is web articles and other risky sources with the data of questionable credibility, and go to the library, at least an online one, to look for the books that are safe to use and retrieve the information from. Write down everything you find relevant, and start creating a reference list. Examine the material you have gathered, sort it out, and choose the most suitable data for the paper.
The next step of the essay preparation is the organization of the paper. It is essential to form the outline that will later help to write an essay without obstacles. You need to analyze the info you have found, figure out the idea that unites its separate pieces, and decide how you will develop this idea. A sample is a great guide to writing essays, so look up a few good examples and check how they are structured. Do not copy any information from the samples and use them only to create a proper outline. If you are satisfied with the way you have structured an essay, you can use it to make a draft or start writing right away.
The last essay writing advice you have to follow is to check and edit the paper when you have completed it. Make sure the teacher's requirements were met, the essay theme has been fully developed, and the overall content is readable and comprehensible for any reader. Find and correct the fallacies within the paper, and use any available software to scan the paper for mistakes to polish it. Make the finishing touch you find important, and submit the essay when you are ready!
If you read everything carefully and adhered to the given guidelines, your essay is certainly a success, and you can be considered an essay writing expert. You can surely take other steps you find appropriate to complete the work or use the advanced tips. However, in case you find yourself in the situation when there is no way to finish the paper on time, dismiss the doubts you have, and use the help of the specialists from writing services.
While every nation should be able to provide sustainable socioeconomic growth and development to its citizens, not all countries are actually able to meet this obligation. According to Ranthawa, many developing countries especially those in the African and Asian continents have had to depend a lot on foreign aid (2012). Mostly, this foreign aid in form of grants is used to subsidize government’s financial coffers for different socioeconomic developments, including education, food security, improving healthcare system, and infrastructure among others. However, the paper provides a short discussion on the benefits and drawbacks that might be associated with foreign aid given to poor countries.
Underlying this topic is the fact that most of the so called foreign aid usually comes with price tags or expectations that the recipient nations need certify. On the same note, often, recipient nations have been accused for mismanagement of donor funds or any other assistance given thereby leaving the intended goals unaccomplished (Reci, 2014). However, the truth of the matter is that there is not even a single country categorized as developing that can develop fully on its own without requiring at least a shoulder to lean on. Actually, sustainability of socioeconomic growth and development is what primarily informs developed nations’ decision to offer a helping hand unto their developing counterparts. Indeed, it is only through industrialized countries offering to help, whether it’s in terms of funds, machinery or technocrat that the world will be at par with itself. However, overreliance on foreign aid, which is usually shown by developing nations, could be detrimental to the cultivation of innovative society with a spirited ambition to make self impact (Ranthawa, 2012). Some developed nations could also harbor ulterior motives while extending a helping hand, for example offering military support to various militia groups in order to destabilize a legitimately elected government. However, situations resembling is always common in those countries with poorly instituted and constituted electoral infrastructure and reforms.
Overall, the highlighted disadvantages of developed nations extending a helping hand to emerging economies notwithstanding, all nations need to work together to ensure that everybody have equitable socioeconomic growth and development as well as conducive political environment. However, this does not mean that developing nations need to sit back and relax expecting to be always on the receiving end. Altogether, when developing nations are not actively involved in their own socioeconomic and democratic political endeavors, then it will be more of neocolonialism than foreign aid.
The role of media in the society is instrumental in shaping social, economic, and political aspects that affect the community. For years, the media through the various forms of content has transmitted information through books, music, radio, and television with an aim of educating, informing, entertaining, and empowering the masses. The role of media in shaping and effecting change in social, economic, and political aspects remain the core responsibility.
The impact of media on social issues is cognizant of the diversity in culture, race, religion, and gender in the society. According to Anderson (2013), the media has played a great role in informing and educating people about the existence of such diversity.
Consequently, this information and content have played a key role in harnessing social harmony, integration, tolerance and peace (Anderson, 2013). Today, there are concerns that the media is influencing adopting and assimilation of new cultures across the world.
The media’s influence over the economic matters is by promoting commercial activities through television programs and business journals. In this context, the society has remained informed on commercial matters and economies have improved as a result of the same (McCombs, 2013). The same influence has been vital for political progress in societies that require improved democratic space especially through diverse opinion (McCombs, 2013).
In conclusion, the media has maintained the traditional role of acting as the society’s mirror of on so various levels. Importantly, the capacity of the media to effect change through social and legislative processes is amazing. Over time, the media has been challenged to maintain proper values by providing accurate information and content that do not infringe on the rights and morals of other people.
If you were going to build the perfect shopping mall, what would you include? Why?
The shopping mall that is to be constructed will emphasize elegance and magnificence. If I were going to construct the impeccable shopping mall, I would include approximately four floors overall with little particulars, for instance, chandeliers, shop location, and lighting. The ground floor would hold majority of the eateries, along with a park. This is because it would have a huge open space, which makes it ideal (Galinsky et al., 2013). The ground floor will have a lovely picnic spread and an enormous water feature, which is capable of being decorated with season consideration. The ground floor will also have great glass windows throughout the mall to put emphasis on the area magnificence, and be an area where individuals are able to eat out while gazing in awe at the artificial park exquisiteness.
Apart from the park space meant for activities related to recreation, the other mall floors will be tactically designed for the vital shopping experience. Each floor will be selected for a particular kind of shopping category. The topmost floor will contain cinemas, a digital area where electronic devices, games, as well as computers will be obtainable, and an arcade. The third floor of the mall will have stores for housewares, apparels, and accessories (Uffelen, 2013). The second floor will simply hold the topmost brand names including a special section for luxury stuff. This luxury section will be awesome for people who desire to do their shopping clandestinely. It will contain a lounge space and individual concierge provision. This segment will provide valet and premium restaurants within the open-air strip. The first floor of the mall will be best for children’s toys, along with a play area. This is because the parents can climb just one floor up to get to the indoor playground and permit them to have a chat while their children play (Scharoun, 2012).
Mass media has greatly enhanced opinions and thoughts of the general public in modern societies today. Growth in mass media has been advanced with the integration of technology and subdivision of the needs mass media has opted to feel. Television networks have specialized in entertainment, sports, business and politics (Green-Pedersen, 2010, p. 664). Some of the notable television networks include Cable News Network
(CNN), British Broadcasting Corporation
(BBC) and Bloomberg TV
. The niches the media outlets serve have enhanced considerable opinion by the public based on the outlets publications.
Mass media has influenced cultural change both positively and negatively. Media outlets serving lifestyle changes such as the Fashion Magazine have shaped opinions on many issues internationally. The Magazine’s annual Awards on fashion trends have significantly impacted on the choice of style for both male and female buyers. The Fashion week is also a trailblazer since its official launch (Entwistle, 2006, p. 736). Teens and fashion enthusiast follow the events and participants with high admiration. Sales of trending fashion have often spiked after endorsements from such events internationally. Cultural change has been substantially integrated into most societies based on the internationalization of media outlets.
Public perspectives and opinions on critical events have been influenced by mass media. Mass media has played a significant role in the public debates of aspiring presidential candidates in the USA and other developed economies (Boykoff, 2007, p. 1195). Media outlets convey differently results of the debate influencing opinions on the desirability of candidates. Recent debates allowed the public participate in the debates through social media, changing voting patterns and the election of the first black president. Henceforth, educating the public on the public issues existent in the society is a significant role of the media.
Conclusively, I agree mass media has greatly influenced ideas and opinions of the public on public issues. Cultural changes especially amongst teens through trends initiated by mass media have impacted coexistence and adoption of different cultures globally. Moreover, increased public participation in public issues has been advanced through media outlets. Conclusively, I agree that the media has played a pivotal role in shaping ideas and opinions of the society.
While studying in the educational facilities, you will come across numerous kinds of assignments, every single one with own special requirements. Probably the most typical is the comparative essay, in which you concentrate on the ways that specific ideas or things (often 2, but more in some cases) are different or similar in comparison. Giving such writing tasks, your teachers are trying to motivate you to find connections between ideas, take part in critical analysis, and rise above simple information or overview to create fascinating analysis: when you think about commonalities and differences, you get a greater comprehension of the things you’re contrasting, their connection to each other, and what’s most significant about all of them. If you are intimidated by the task and have no idea where to start and what to do, these guidelines will certainly come handy.
- Choose a theme to which your subjects relate — this will probably appear in the intro section and can make it possible to develop a precise argument and establish the bigger basis for the reason why a few things are now being contrasted. As an example, you could present your contrast of two writers by reviewing certain details that made their writings similar and then use the thesis statement to showcase the drastic differences in the ways they were creating their works.
- Convey why your subjects are being contrasted and compared. This would come nearby the start of the analysis so your audience understands the reason why they need to care about what you’re contrasting. Determining significance into the relations between the chosen subjects additionally improves the argument. Moreover, you will need to tell your readers about the reason why you’re contrasting the subjects in the summary section of the paper.
- When preparing a thesis for the analysis, you’ll want to be as precise as you can because the thesis will be mapping the flow of your thoughts in the paper for the reader. Additionally, you will need to pick an idea that unites the subjects. Possibly the most significant element of a thesis in the essay of such kind would be to put up an argument, which will help to later present your analysis in a more professional way rather than just show the differences and resemblances.
- Use comparative phrases. Some terms that express comparison are: similarly, likewise, additionally and furthermore; terms that convey a contrast feature: alternatively, instead and nonetheless.
- Organization of the subjects is crucial! Even though there isn’t a single particular method for arranging a comparative essay, you may decide to provide all the info on one subject firstly, and then provide the data on the other side of the topic, concluding with the comparison. One other way to arrange this kind of work is to switch between similar points in subjects and finish with a discussion of relations between the subjects.
- Don’t forget to connect your points back to the thesis statement, which means you need to ensure that your proof and things of contrast are suitable for the thesis. There may be numerous approaches for comparison of several subjects, but the body should provide the evidence that pertains only to your thesis. This is often very easy to forget about, especially when focusing on contrasting and comparing subjects.
- While finishing your work, make sure you briefly summarized the information you presented in the body of the comparative essay. Additionally, don’t forget to tell the readers how all of the data links, and what was the point in the comparison of the chosen subjects from the very beginning.
Terrorism has entirely turned into a worldwide phenomenon these days. Almost each day we hear of new incidences of terrorism across the world which lenders to loss of dozens of lives. Patently, terrorism is a solemn offense that only a small number of people what motivate such an act. Assassination refers to the killing of a person in supremacy which may earnestly impact on the society. For us to comprehend what terrorism is, we have to first understand that terror is an undertaking which is intended for horrifying a particular group of people as well as the entire human race.
There are quite a number of challenges that result from terrorism and assassination due to the impact of conflicting aspects such as: Psychological problems, religious and cultural aspects and political and military motives. First, there are some terror groups who take part in terroristic undertakings due to psychological challenges. Furthermore, they do not comprehend what they are doing (Post, 2002). These are, however, a few people since majority assassins and terrorists undertake acts of terror to accomplish a particular mission. Killing of people in supremacy is an essential undertaking while viewed either politically or on the basis of war. Application of assassination is most common in these spheres. The primary motives of assassination are money and fame (Ataide, 2007). What is apparent is that assassins are paid and this makes them gather fame for the murder of public figures.
On the other hand, there is a contrast in the logic terrorists. This is because they do not receive any money for the loss of their lives. The primary motivating aspect is their religious perspectives. They believe they will receive praise from their acts of terrorism from people who hold the same religious beliefs as well as moral values (Gulley, 2006). Lastly, it is an objective of terrorists to trigger conflict amid the human race so as to see that the human race is weak and nothing could shield it from the expeditious assault of terrorists.
In conclusion, there is no single response to the topic of motive of terrorism and assassination since every offense is executed beneath the impact of divergent facets.
It is really hard to stand out from other applicants, especially if you are writing a scholarship essay. Numerous people out there may have similar grades, background, goals, and achievements, and you somehow have to show how unique you are. However, there is no need to give up on your dreams if someone else is sharing them. You still have a personality, and there are certain things that make you different, so these are the ones you should play with while writing. Your application does not convey who you are, and the essay seems to be the only chance to put your real self on top of all grades and become the chosen one. It surely seems scary how people emphasize the importance of the scholarship essays from year to year, and it feels like the writing process will not be the most pleasant one in your life. However, with the right approach and a little faith in yourself, you can and will prepare the great essay, and these tips will surely help you out a lot.
- Know who you are writing to. It is vital to understand what kind of people will be reading what you send. Admission officers have their own interests, and the person they want to be a part of their community has to fulfill them. Therefore, look for the things that they emphasize in the prompt and at their website. Do not try to fit every criterion presented. You know it is impossible, and they know it too. Be yourself, but at the same time, be the person who is ready to become a part of that exact academic facility and is able to contribute to it somehow.
- Plan beforehand. If you do not want to write a plain essay that is not even an A+ for the school level, manage the time you have before deadline wisely. Start as early as you possibly can and stop leaving the work for tomorrow. This way you will have time to research, brainstorm, and create an outline of the essay. You will be able to gather enough info about scholarship essay writing, and about the school you want to get into. And a thought-out structure will let you make the essay more to the point.
- Show your passion. When you start writing, keep in mind that the essay is about you as a candidate who is eager to become a student of the university.
Do not just show them that you were a great student at the school, who has been here and there, did this and that. That is rather boring and descriptive than interesting. Show more than just actions. Let the admissions see how you felt, what you have learned, and the way certain life events have shaped your character. Tell them why you want to learn from a personal perspective. Do not just say their school is great, or present the reasons why it is perfect. Say how you share their values, and how your mutual cooperation can be beneficial both for you and for the facility.
- Look for the professional assistance. No matter how passionate you seem in your essay, mistakes can completely ruin the impression. Hence, eliminate all the reasons admissions can say no to you, and find the person who can help you check your scholarship essay. Do not try to find all mistakes yourself, as this certainly will not work. Get a friend, a teacher, or a family member to read the essay and ask that person to comment on your work. You should definitely consider the feedbacks you get, but it is important to filter them before making any changes in the essay.
The persuasive essay is the work that is used to persuade the reader that the opinion you find to be correct is actually the right one. There are numerous topics you can choose to write on, and most of them are from the real life. You can argue about the drug legalization law, or show your opinion regarding junk food. The main point is – you need to have an opinion, engage the reader in the discussion, and prove yourself right.
- Analyze the topic. Most of the teachers and professors give a prompt or a few topic options you can choose from. It is crucial to pick the most interesting one and analyze the prompt thoroughly in order to understand what you are expected to write about.
- Manage the time. Try to start working on the assignment early to craft the argument you will love writing about. An essay prepared overnight is not likely to successfully persuade the readers. Thus, take some time to brainstorm, research, write and proofread.
- Analyze the setting. Your paper has a few aspects that have to be considered, which are you (writer), readers, argument, and the overall situation.
- Mind the requirements. Do not forget that you have instructions to follow. Go through them before working on the task, check the word limit, formatting style, and the recommendations the teacher has given with the assignment.
- Consider the readers. One person finds arguments persuasive, another sees them as foolish. Therefore, you should know who will read the essay to understand what kind of evidence you should present. Yes, your teacher is most likely the only person who will go through it, but you may be asked to write for the classmates, so keep up with their level.
- Craft a thesis statement. Be clear about what you want your essay to convey, and communicate it in the thesis statement. Its usual placement is at the very end of the intro. Let the audience know what it should expect your essay to be about, so you don’t waste anyone’s time. Imagine that a thesis is the description of the whole essay pressed in a single sentence. It should be strong and take a definite position. Do not try to play for both teams, and choose the side you want to defend.
- Use clear topic sentences and good transitional sentences. The beginning of each body paragraph should be like a tiny thesis statement for this paragraph. Thus, your essay will look more coherent. The sentences in between the paragraphs should be nice and clear too to make the text flow.
- Use factual background to defend your viewpoint. Backing up any claim you make it with the evidence of high credibility. Show that you know what you are talking about, and are not making up the data to be more persuasive.
- Keep it brief. It is great if you have a lot to say. However, try to convey only the most significant information not to bore the reader.
- Use hooks and persuasive language. Try to make your essay interesting to read by using hooks – sentences that capture attention. Be confident, and make yourself sound like what you are saying is so true, everyone should have the same viewpoint.
- Create a challenge. Not all of your readers will have the same opinion, and not all of them will be willing to leave it just because of your essay. You should certainly not diss anyone and say how wrong the opposing opinion is. The main goal here is to acknowledge the against arguments and refute them politely but effectively.
A proposal is your way of announcing what kind of project you are undertaking and why. Also, it is your chance to understand the topic better. While the length of dissertation proposals usually varies from university to university, the approximate length of such kind of work is usually about eight pages. Even though your proposal is just an overview of the actual research, it has to have a special structure, and consist of specific sections, each entitled with the proper heading:
- Abstract. Sometimes will not be necessary to include, but is still worth mentioning. Includes a brief overview of the whole paper, and tells readers what they should expect to see
- Introduction. Presents the chosen topic, and summarizes the importance of the study you are planning to conduct. It also shows the way you found the topic and became interested in it. As the intro is one of the first things your audience will see, it is a perfect opportunity to hook it.
- Problem statement. States what kind of problem you will discuss and why it is crucial to study it.
- Literature review. Defends the topic choice you have made and justifies it. Relates the research to the specific field and shows how much this study will contribute to it. Also, it explains what difference your project will make – how it will fill in the research gap, refute what is thought to be true, prove the certain theory, or enlarge the knowledge on the subject. Even though this part of the proposal is pretty big, it should not be as lengthy as it will be in a dissertation itself.
- Purpose statement. Overviews the study itself. Shows why exactly the research is being conducted, and which methods are or will be used for it.
- Limitations. Shows which important parts you were not able to address and the reasons you could not do it. Also, gives clear explanations of the reasons the topic or the chosen approach cannot help you make the most of the study.
- Significance. Explains why your research is that important and how exactly it will contribute to the field.
- Plan and time constraints.
- List of references. Includes all sources you have used to create a proposal in a format specified by general requirements.
A good dissertation proposal outline is just one of the many things that can help you craft a nice paper in a timely manner. Here are a few more tips that will help you out:
While it is obvious for most of the people, some individuals still tend to leave writing and preparation for the last few days. You surely do not want to leave the huge pile of work you need to do for the last minute. Therefore, do yourself a favor and start early. Review the literature on the subject, and take some time to find a suitable topic. Do not stop on the topic choice and carry on with the research.
- Review relevant materials
When your topic is narrowed and specific, the review of literature becomes a lot easier, as you can focus on the materials that have a real value for the project. The more you read on the topic – the better you understand it, which not only means you will have a lot more details to write about, but also that you will write faster and better.
- Be in touch with the committee
It is crucial to get in touch with the members of the committee once in a while. It is especially necessary if you make certain changes in the research. You can feel free to ask for advice or help with the parts of the study you cannot understand.
Whenever you apply to university, you will have to finish an essay for the application. It’s your chance to demonstrate the admissions who you really are and also to offer details about yourself that did not suit any other parts of the application. The essay will also show the committee how good are you in the task completion process when you have enough time to think. This clearly puts a lot of pressure on you as an applicant, but taking enough time and effort to complete the paper will help you get into the university or college you always wanted to study in. Check out these tips before you begin, and get ready to create an impressive application.
- Be succinct. Although the typical admission essay has to be 250 at minimum, without any limit on the top, each member of the committee has a huge pile to go through every single day; he/she wants to invest a couple of minutes only into the essay. In case you do not want them to feel frustrated, do not exceed 600 words.
- No lies. Never embellish your accomplishments and experiences. It is great to be a team leader or a member of a certain club, and not a chief executive in a huge company. Not every person has got to be a celebrity. It will be better if you look realistic and be yourself.
- Show individuality. While writing, think of the ways you are different from all other candidates applying to the university, what makes you special and unique in certain aspects. It isn’t in your activities or passions. When you are transitioning from school straight to the university, you are only a teen, doing teen things. What is unique is your mind and the way you think. Really? Thinking? Yes, that is difficult to describe, but that is the answer to the entire task.
- Be coherent. Clearly, you do not like to talk a lot, but what is meant by coherent is being able to focus at one subject. Do not attempt to write about every little detail of your life. Doing this will make you seem like a busy person, but will also show nothing significant about you. The entire application is a bunch of descriptions of what you do. It’s undoubtedly incomplete. The universities anticipate this. So use your essay wisely and focus on a single story.
- Check and re-check. It should be obvious that you must use a spell-check. Focus on the other methods of great writing, including classical punctuation. Use a good style of writing and make sure to spell difficult words correctly. Do not use the words you are not sure fit.
- Careful with jokes. Everyone has the different sense of humor, and you have no idea how people who read your essay will react on a joke in it, just do not put that joke in. Humor is definitely eye-catching and can make you look like a pleasant person to be around. Joke only if you think it works good in the text. Then reconsider that thought.
- Be awesome. A great essay is frequently compared to a tale: oftentimes it is a story of a critical moment in life. Offer some details to help the audience understand the setting. Use names (not necessarily real) for the people and animals in the story like your siblings, teachers, pals, and other characters. This will make it much more personal and humanistic. Moreover, it shows your readers that you’re contemplating his / her admiration of the writing, which will be something you are going to certainly wish to accomplish.
- Show your smart side. Universities are places for smart people, an undeniable fact they typically keep a secret once they discuss their dorms and numerous activities you can engage in. It’s useful to present your stamina and intellect. What do you love to think about? What matters is the things that sparkle up your intellectual interest, so show something real, and do not make things up.